Complementary and Alternative Medicines in Prostate Cancer: A Comprehensive Approach
Recent global cancer statistical data has clearly indicated that prostate cancer is currently the second most frequently diagnosed cancer (at 15% of all male cancers) and globally the sixth leading cause of cancer death in males. This book is a summary of prostate cancer, covering its incidence, epidemiology and current treatment options. It also serves as an up-to-date review of the status of currently available alternative and complementary medicines for treating prostate cancer, including various plant extracts, herbal formulations, natural products, yoga, acupuncture, Ayurveda, homeopathy and Siddha medicines used in prostate cancer therapy.
· Introduces the reader to the nature of prostate cancer, its molecular biology, treatment options and possible reasons for treatment failure
· Covers in depth the full range of plant extracts, herbal formulations and natural products currently in testing for prostate cancer therapy
· Discusses the various types of CAM therapies practiced around the world for prostate cancer
· Written by a global team of well-established experts in their respective areas of specialization
· Contains extensive up-to-date and authoritative references for each chapter to guide the reader to further study
Prostate cancer: an introduction. Prostate cancer epidemiology. Molecular biology of prostate cancer. Current treatments and reasons for treatment failure. Preclinical status of novel approaches for prostate cancer therapy. Triterpenoids and sesquiterpenes. Curcumin. Resveratrol.Complementary and Alternative Medicines in Prostate Cancer: From Bench to Bedside. Phyllanthus sp: Bitter melon extract. Kava. Plumbagin. Urokinase inhibitors from plants. Chinese Herbal among Prostate Cancer Patients: A Population-Based Study in Taiwan. lternol.Betel leaf.Spice derived anticancer molecules for prostate cancer. Nutraceuticals and prostate cancer. Isoflavinoids. Pomegranate. Green tea. Broccoli. Pomi-T supplements. Other forms of CAM. Yoga and prostate cancer. Acupuncture. Homeopathy. Siddha medicines.
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας