Washington Manual Infectious Diseases Subspecialty Consult, 3rd Edition
Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual™ Infectious Diseases Subspecialty Consult, Third Edition, provides essential information needed to evaluate patients on a subspecialty consult service. This edition offers state-of-the-art content on the diagnosis, investigation, and treatment of a wide variety of infectious diseases, including coverage of new and emerging pathogens, rapid molecular diagnostics for infectious diseases, and new therapeutic and preventive strategies. Ideal for trainees and practicing physicians who need quick access to current scientific and clinical information in this rapidly changing area, the manual is also useful as a first-line resource for internists and other primary care providers.
- Content has been thoroughly revised from cover to cover, including two new chapters: Antimicrobial Stewardship and Arboviruses and Hemorrhagic Fevers.
- A highly templated, bulleted format ensures you can find what you need quickly and easily.
- Comprehensive coverage includes fever of unknown origin, sexually transmitted infections, opportunistic infections associated with HIV, zoonotic and tickborne infections, protozoal infections, infection prevention, and much more.
- Text has been organized by organ system to facilitate generating a useful differential diagnosis based on a patient’s presentation.
- Chapter have been written by faculty and fellows from the Infectious Diseases Division of Internal Medicine at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience!!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.