Operative Techniques in Surgery, 2nd Edition (2-Volume Set)
With an emphasis on the “how and why” of contemporary surgery, Operative Techniques in Surgery, Second Edition, features concise, bulleted text, full-color illustrations, and intraoperative photographs to clarify exactly what to look for and how to proceed. Meticulously edited by Drs. Mary T. Hawn, Aurora D. Pryor, Steven J. Hughes, Michael S. Sabel, Kellie R. Brown and Amy J. Goldberg, this comprehensive, two-volume surgical atlas focuses on the steps of each technique, rapidly directing you to the information you need to choose the right approach for each patient, perform it successfully, and achieve the best possible results.
- Coverage includes open as well as laparoscopic, robotic, endoscopic, and endovascular procedures in gastrointestinal, thoracic, esophageal, colorectal, hepatobiliary, breast, endocrine, dermatologic, vascular, and trauma surgery.
- New, comprehensive section on trauma surgery, helmed by trauma expert Dr. Amy J. Goldberg.
- New section editors for esophageal and foregut surgery and vascular surgery, Dr. Aurora D. Pryor minimally invasive surgery leader and Kellie R. Brown, expert in vascular surgery.
- New videos, personally selected by contributing authors and editors, accompany numerous chapters throughout the book
- Extensive updates throughout, including new coverage of the American Board of Surgery’s SCORE Curricula for General Surgery and for Complex General Surgical Oncology
- Each procedure follows the same format: differential diagnosis, patient history and physical findings, imaging and other diagnostic studies, surgical management, techniques, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience!!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.