Human Parasitology by Bogitsh, 5th Edition
Human Parasitology, Fifth Edition emphasizes a medical perspective that also incorporates functional morphology, physiology, biochemistry and immunology to enhance appreciation of the diverse implications of parasitism. Bridging the gap between classical clinical parasitology texts and traditional encyclopedic treatises, the book will not only appeal to students interested in the medical aspects of parasitology, but also those who are interested in gaining a solid foundation in the biology of parasites. This updated edition has been fully revised to integrate the most recent molecular discoveries about mosquitoes, ticks and other arthropods as vectors, along with the most effective therapeutic regimens for each.
- Integrates the most recent molecular discoveries on mosquitoes, ticks and other arthropods.
- Features expanded coverage of the evolution of parasitism and an extensive update on the immunology of parasite-host interactions.
- Offers an enhanced art program that features lifecycle illustrations and additional SEM and TEM micrographs.
- Provides a New Host Immune Response section for each organism.
- Includes a special section on the impact of genomics.
1. Symbiosis and Parasitism
2. Parasite-Host Interactions
Part I: The Protozoa
3. General Characteristics of the Euprotista (Protozoa)
4. Visceral Protozoa I: (Amoebae) and Ciliophorans
5. Visceral Protozoa II: Flagellates
6. Blood and Tissue Protozoa I: Hemoflagellates
7. Blood and Tissue Protozoa II: Human Malaria
8. Blood and Tissue Protozoa III: Other Protists
Part II: The Trematoda
9. General Characteristics of the Trematoda
10. Visceral Flukes
11. Blood Flukes
Part III: The Cestoda
12. General Characteristics of the Cestoda
13. Intestinal Tapeworms
14. Extraintestinal Tapeworms
Part IV: The Nematoda
15. General Characteristics of the Nematoda
16. Intestinal Nematodes
17. Blood and Tissue Nematodes
Part V: Arthropoda
18. Arthropods as Vectors
A. Drugs for Parasitic Infections: Partial List of Generic and Name Brands
B. Current Chemotherapeutic Regiments
C. Adverse Effects of Antiparasitic Drugs
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας