Fields Virology: Fundamentals, 7th Edition (Volume 4)
Now in four convenient volumes, Field’s Virology remains the most authoritative reference in this fast-changing field, providing definitive coverage of virology, including virus biology as well as replication and medical aspects of specific virus families. This volume of Field’s Virology: Fundamentals, Seventh Edition, edited by Drs. Peter Howley and David M. Knipe, along with volume associate editors Drs. Lynn Enquist, Jeffrey I. Cohen, Eric O. Freed, Blossom A. Damania, and Sean P. J. Whelan, focuses on the basic principles of virology and reflects recent advances in this dynamic field.
Bundled with the eBook, which will be updated regularly as new information about each virus is available, this text serves as the authoritative, up-to-date reference book for virologists, infectious disease specialists, microbiologists, and physicians, as well as undergraduate and graduate students interested in virology.
- Includes chapters on virus structures, essential viral functions, immune responses to viral infections, viral epidemiology, viral diagnostics, and viral therapies
- Up to date discussions of antiviral therapies and vaccine strategies
- Features more than 300 full-color illustrations, including key figures for use as lecture slides
- Provides quick, flexible access to current information both in print and in an improved eBook format
- Discusses virus structure, virus entry, replication, and assembly, virus-host cell interactions, host immune responses and vaccines, antiviral therapeutics, viral persistence and latency for HIV, and mechanisms of viral oncogenesis for HPV, KSHV and the hepatotropic viruses
Newly revised Field’s Virology volumes, available in print and eBook format:
• Emerging Viruses
• DNA Viruses
• RNA Viruses
• Fundamental Virology
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience!!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας