Exercise Physiology for Health, Fitness and Performance, 6th Edition
With this new 6th Edition, Exercise Physiology for Health, Fitness, and Performance continues to provide an authoritative resource for mastering exercise physiology. This engaging, accessible and approachable resource integrates theoretical and research-based basic exercise physiology with real-world application to prepare students for exciting positions in exercise science, fitness, physical education, athletic training, rehabilitation, coaching, and/or allied health professions.
Updated throughout, the text uses sound pedagogical principles to explain scientific research that is the foundation of exercise physiology and incorporates multiple features to help students apply their knowledge to improve human health, fitness, and performance. Content in this edition is organized by independent units (Metabolic, Cardiovascular-Respiratory, Neuromuscular-Skeletal, and Neuroendocrine-Immune), offering maximum teaching flexibility for faculty and ensuring a consistent, efficient, and effective learning experience for students.
- New Literature Search exercises reinforce the scientific basis of each discipline and boost students’ information literacy.
- Current research incorporated throughout the text keeps students up to date with emerging topics and the latest approaches to exercise physiology.
- Focus on Application and Focus on Research boxes strengthen students’ ability to recognize the impact of research on practice and apply basic concepts to relevant scenarios.
- Clinically Relevant boxes familiarize students with information, situations, or case studies they may encounter during internships or professional practice.
- Check Your Comprehension boxes reinforce the ability to work through problems, interpret circumstances, analyze information, and deduce answers as you move through each chapter.
- Example boxes enhance problem-solving and calculation skills.
- Definition boxes help students master key terminology.
- Summaries highlight essential chapter takeaways at a glance.
- Links to Online Resources help students make the most of their study time and ensure understanding.
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας