Endonasal Endoscopic Surgery of Skull Base Tumors: An Interdisciplinary Approach
This book presents a complete step-by-step guide to endonasal endoscopic skull base surgery, written by prominent interdisciplinary specialists and reflecting important recent developments in the field. Combining the fundamentals of skull base anatomy and pathology with current diagnostic and interventional imaging techniques, Endonasal Endoscopic Surgery of Skull Base Tumors provides a solid clinical foundation for anyone working in this challenging and evolving specialty.
Complete with 500 full-color photographs, anatomic illustrations, flowcharts and tables, Endonasal Endoscopic Surgery of Skull Base Tumors offers a practical management approach and sets a new standard in the field. It is invaluable for all otolaryngologists, head and neck surgeons, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists and pathologists who routinely make diagnostic and therapeutic decisions with regard to skull base lesions. It is also an essential text and reference for those who are learning how to perform endonasal endoscopic skull base surgery in a multidisciplinary environment.
- State-of-the-art contributions from international experts in endonasal endoscopic skull base surgery
- A 360 panoramic assessment of skull base pathologies
- Description of basic and advanced endoscopic procedures based on the endonasal corridor system
- Current tumor-specific strategies, including indications and preoperative work-up, endoscopic surgical techniques, sequel and potential complications, postoperative care, outcomes and pearls and pitfalls
- Clear and consistent interdisciplinary guidelines for managing the internal carotid artery in skull base surgery, allowing the removal of previously inoperable tumors
- Surgical outcomes from two of the leading international skull base centers, one in Fulda, Germany (formerly headed by Professor Draf) and one joint program at the University of Brescia and University of Varese, Italy
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας