Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide, 2nd Edition
This major, new book is a complete, easily accessed and highly illustrated guide to diagnosis in Chinese Medicine. Emphasis is placed on “real world” issues and symptoms, and the text focuses on clear interpretations of signs and symptoms – the practice beyond the theory. Since Chinese medicine diagnosis relies on a subjective appraisal of the patient’s symptoms and signs – which form a pattern – many factors beyond traditional Western symptoms are taken into consideration e.g. a patient’s voice, the absence of thirst, feeling hot or cold, the patient’s smell, tone of voice, glitter of eyes. Thus, Chinese diagnosis is based on a subtle appraisal of a patient’s disharmony, which may not be a “disease” at all, and as such requires careful interpretation of a range of nuances. This book will help lead students and practitioners through basic on to sophisticated levels of diagnostic interpretation.
- One-of-a-kind text gives you a clinical understanding of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Rich, unique content offers an unparalleled depth of information that is meticulously cross-referenced.
- Includes all the signs and symptoms that a modern patient may present in the clinic, no matter how subtle.
- Outlines the decision-making options in key situations to help you through the most challenging topics.
- Case histories with diagnoses present common conditions that professionals will often find in practice.
- Logically organized to help you quickly find the information you need in clinical situations.
- Written by a leader in the field of Chinese medicine provides you with an expert’s clinical experience and understanding.
New to this Edition:
- NEW! Clinical and Treatments notes provide practical information on acupuncture – including herbal treatment, when appropriate – for most symptoms and signs, giving the book a clinical application in therapy.
- NEW! UPDATED full-color design and color photographs depict external clinical signs for more accurate clinical recognition.
- NEW! Learning outcomes summarize the basics that you should know after completing a chapter.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content from an expert author clarifies the best practices for diagnosis in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Δείτε τα Περιεχόμενα
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας