Clinical Neuroendocrinology by Wilkinson: An Introduction
This innovative, introductory text is authored by key subject leaders in clinical neuroendocrinology with decades of research and teaching experience. Addressing the need for a concise description of human neuroendocrine systems, this important review of various significant basic science advances is relevant for all levels of experience. An indispensable resource for a variety of learners, this book will also enable biomedical science graduate students to extend their knowledge using its valuable clinical context. Beautifully illustrated, this text integrates basic scientific principles with clinical cases and includes several illustrated imaging studies, and in-depth discussions of basic principles and their interpretations. Extensive reference lists of clinical papers, teaching resources and a selection of review questions are included with each chapter, emphasizing the real-life importance of basic neuroendocrine principles in human health and disease. Clinical reviews are included to provide convenient links to more specialized texts, ensuring a successful springboard for learners worldwide.
- Provides a concise overview of the key basic principles in clinical neuroendocrinology underlying their diagnosis and management.
- Includes reference lists of clinical papers, teaching resources and a selection of review questions with each chapter, to emphasize their real-life importance.
- Includes several illustrated imaging studies, and in-depth discussions of basic principles and their interpretations.
1. Basic principles in clinical neuroendocrinology I: receptor mechanisms
2. Basic principles in clinical neuroendocrinology II: assays, rhythms and pulses
3. Neuroendocrinology of female reproduction
4. Neuroendocrine regulation of appetite and body weight
5. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal cortex axis
6. Hypothalamic regulation of thyroid function
7. Hypothalamic regulation of prolactin secretion
8. Regulation of growth hormone secretion
9. Posterior pituitary
10. An introduction to sellar masses
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας