A Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee presents the full range of treatment options for a changing, increasingly younger patient population. Dr. Thomas Minas demonstrates each technique—from non-surgical to mini-incision total knee arthroplasty to the recent developments in tissue biologics—through a step-by-step approach. This highly visual, multimedia reference guides you in choosing the best treatment course for each patient.
- Get only the information you need through a technique-focused approach and the consistent style of a single author, Dr. Thomas Minas—a leading specialist in cartilage repair.
- Incorporate tissue biologics into your practice and provide your patients with additional options.
- Clearly see the nuances and important points of each technique with surgical photographs and artists’ renderings of key situations in the operating room.
- Select the best treatment course for each patient through extensive coverage of options from non-surgical to mini-incision total knee arthroplasty.
- Master cutting-edge techniques through videos on DVD that demonstrate each procedure.
Part 1: Decision Making
Chapter 1: Chondral Injury and Osteoarthritis: The Impact of Articular Cartilage Lesions
Chapter 2: Cartilage Repair and Regeneration
Chapter 3: Imaging: The Basis for a Sound Decision in Joint Preservation
Chapter 4: Patient Evaluation, Cartilage Defect, and Evidence: Putting It All Together
Part 2: Cartilage Repair Surgical Techniques
Chapter 5: Debridement, Microfracture, and Osteochondral Autograft Transfer for Treatment of Cartilage Defects
Chapter 6: Use of Fresh Osteochondral Allograft for Chondral and Osteochondral Defects in the Knee
Chapter 7: Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
Part 3: Surgical Management of Background Factors
Chapter 8: Tibial Osteotomy
Chapter 9: Femoral Varus Osteotomy
Chapter 10: Patellofemoral Malalignment. Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy, and Trochleoplasty
Chapter 11: Treatment of Deep Osteochondritis Dissecans Lesions, Avascular Necrosis, and Osteochondral Defects of the Knee Using Autologous Bone Grafting
Chapter 12: Meniscal Allograft Transplantation
Chapter 13: Complex Cases in Cartilage Repair: Tricks and Tips
Chapter 14: Emerging Technologies
Part 4: Early Intervention in Osteoarthritis
Chapter 15: Patellofemoral Arthroplasty
Chapter 16: Patient-Specific Unicompartmental and Bicompartmental Resurfacing Arthroplasty