Williams’ Essentials of Nutrition and Diet Therapy, 12th Edition
Learn the latest nutrition and diet therapies for treating common diseases. Williams’ Essentials of Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 12th Edition offers a solid foundation in the fundamental knowledge and skills you need to provide effective patient care. It addresses nutrition across the lifespan and includes the 2015 Dietary Goals for Americans as well as MyPlate for Older Adults. This exceptionally reader-friendly text features evidence-based information, real-world case scenarios, colorful illustrations, boxes, and tables to help you learn how to apply essential nutrition concepts and therapies in clinical practice.
- Strong community focus is threaded throughout with robust coverage of health promotion, cultural competence, patient safety, lifespan, and public health issues.
- Focus on Culture boxes introduce you to cultural competence and the special nutritional needs, health problems, and appropriate interventions applicable to different cultural, ethnic, racial and age groups.
- Focus on Food Safety boxes alert you to food safety issues related to a particular nutrient, age group, or medical condition.
- Health Promotion section devoted solely to health promotion and wellness stresses healthy lifestyle choices and prevention as the best “medicine.”
- Diet-Medication Interactions boxes provide diet-warnings related to specific prescription drugs.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize current research findings.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) boxes offer uses, contraindications, and advantages/disadvantages of common types of herbs and supplements and potential interactions with prescription or over-the-counter medications.
- Perspective in Practice boxes supply you with practice elements for nutrition education.
- Key terms identified in the text and defined on the page help reinforce critical concepts.
New to this Edition:
- NEW! Includes the 2015 Dietary Goals for Americans which covers the latest guidelines and medications.
- NEW! MyPlate for Older Adults developed by the Tufts University Human Research Center on Aging and the AARP Foundation replaces former Food Guide Pyramid.
- NEW! Newly-approved Nutrition Labeling Guidelines incorporated into text along with the latest medications, research findings, and clinical treatment therapies.
- NEW! New and refreshed case studies illustrate key concepts in authentic, “real-life” scenarios that reinforce learning and promote nutritional applications.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of health promotion includes strategies for implementation.
- NEW! New coverage of text messages for nutrition and health information includes what to watch out for when visiting health-related web sites.
Δείτε τα Περιεχόμενα και Απόσπασμα του Βιβλίου
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας