Stuttering: An Integrated Approach to its Nature and Treatment, 5th Edition
This updated edition of the most comprehensive, pedagogically sound textbook in the field provides an overview of stuttering’s etiology and development, details the latest approaches to accurate assessment and treatment, and provides new case studies and online videos that illustrate different levels and ways of treating stuttering. Exploring a variety of practice settings, the book covers evidence-based practice, counseling, IEPs, and assistive devices and has been thoroughly updated to address all current methodologies.
- eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- NEW! The latest findings in genetics, epigenetics, brain imaging, sensory-motor control, language, and emotion provides students with an up-to-date view of stuttering.
- NEW CHAPTER! A new chapter on Learning explains how stuttering develops, covers the key elements of treatment at different ages, and details the effects of classical, operant, and avoidance conditioning.
- NEW! The author’s theoretical perspective is expanded and connected to rationales for treatment.
- NEW! Expanded coverage includes multicultural considerations in assessment and the latest treatment procedures for working with school-age, adolescent, and adult clients.
- NEW! Additional online videos of children and adults illustrate evaluation and treatment procedures.
- UPDATED! An enhanced array of online resources includes PowerPoint slides, an expanded test bank, a student quiz bank, and classroom/patient handouts.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας