Neurosurgery: The Essential Guide to the Oral and Clinical Neurosurgical Exam
Neurosurgery: The Essential Guide to the Oral and Clinical Neurosurgical Examination is the first book of its kind to cover the International and Intercollegiate FRCS Specialty Examination in Neurosurgery. It will also help you prepare for the American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS) examination and other neurosurgical examinations around the world. Written by neurosurgeons, this book is a hands-on guide that translates basic science and theories of neurosurgery into clinical practice. This comprehensive resource takes a standardized and logical approach to the clinical neurosurgical examination. Based on the authors’ own clinical practice, teaching and examination experiences, this book provides candidates with a firm grasp of neuroscience and the ability to solve problems under pressure.
Scenario- and patient-based, the book covers history-taking, clinical examination, differential diagnosis, investigations, management, treatment options and potential complications. The text is based on the Royal College of Surgeons of England and U.S. board syllabuses. In addition to serving as a reliable preparation resource for the neurosurgical examination, it will also be invaluable in your future surgical practice.
- Covers the International FRCS examination in Neurosurgery, launching in 2013, also applicable to the UK FRCS (SN), the US board review and other neurosurgical examinations
- Supplies a hands-on guide that enable candidates to translate the basic science and theory of neurosurgery into clinical practice
- Complements a wide range of courses that provide neurosurgery training in the UK, US, Europe and worldwide
- Contains insight from leading neurosurgeons and based on the Royal College of Surgeons of England and US Board syllabuses
- Provides essential information to ensure success in the neurosurgery examination
Introduction: The Essential Clinical Examination Guide
The Long Cases
The Short Cases
Operative Surgery and Surgical Anatomy
Investigation of the Neurosurgical patient including Neuroradiology
The Non-Operative Clinical Practice of Neurosurgery
Consent and Management
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας