Marsh and Martin’s Oral Microbiology, 6th Edition
Marsh and Martins’ Oral Microbiology continues to offer the essentials of oral microbiology in an easy-to-read, readily digestible format. Commencing with a description of the healthy mouth and the properties of the resident oral microbiota, the new edition of this popular textbook then explores the formation and consequences of plaque development, plaque-mediated disease, orofacial infection, antimicrobial agents and prophylaxis, orofacial fungal and viral infections, and the relationship between oral microbiota and systemic disease. The book is completed by a chapter on infection control.
Each chapter is succinct and includes essential information in a concise format – thereby saving the reader valuable time. The book is presented with an abundance of tables, photographs and artworks to make the subject as engaging as possible – numerous ‘Key Point’ boxes aid retention.
Marsh and Martins’ Oral Microbiology is suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate dental students, research workers and a wide range of clinical dental professionals.
New to this Edition:
- Completely updated throughout by a new author team!
- Self-assessment questions in each chapter allow readers to monitor their progress
- Updated design with ‘Key Points’ throughout aids learning
- Reflects the impact that the genomic era has had on the field
- Expanded sections on infection control as well as therapeutic and prophylactic antibiotic use
- New sections on the benefits of the resident oral microbiota and on current concepts of factors driving dysbiosis in periodontal disease
- New chapter on the emerging role of oral microorganisms in systemic diseases
2 The mouth as a microbial habitat
3 The resident oral microbiota
4 Distribution, development and benefits of the oral microbiota
5 Dental plaque
6 Plaque-mediated diseases: Dental caries and periodontal diseases
7 Orofacial bacterial infections
8 Oral fungal infections
9 Orofacial viral infections
10 Antimicrobial agents
11 Oral microbiota and systemic disease
12 Infection control
Multiple choice answers
Διαθέσιμο κατόπιν παραγγελίας